Here are some wonderful facts about Sea World’s orcas!
- The average lifespan of wild orcas ranges from 30-50 years, although some females can easily make it past 80 (a wild orca named J2 or ‘Granny’ is 103 this year!). The lifespan of a Sea World orca is around 25 years, the median age being 9. But at least they put on a good show!
- Don’t worry, collapsed dorsal fins are a common condition, although in the wild only sick or injured orcas have collapsed dorsal fins. All of Sea World’s males and some females have it, it makes them look unique!
- The size of Sea World’s tanks compared to an orca is about the same as a human to a bathtub. Lot’s of room to stretch and move!
- Wild orcas swim 100+ miles a day, they would have to swim around their tank 1,400+ times a day to achieve that. But that seems like a lot of work, and you may see the animals hanging out near the surface of the water or on the bottoms of their tanks for hours. That’s a lot more relaxing than swimming all those miles!
- Sea World gives their orcas a Valium-like drug to stop the whales from acting aggressively towards each other and to numb their minds from their vastly uninteresting concrete tanks. Buying a ticket to Sea World is an excellent way to help them pay for these drugs that they pump their animals full with!
- Many captive orcas show abnormal behaviors like head bobbing, chewing on concrete, and self mutilation by banging their heads into the side of the tank. Obviously just temper-tantrums! Silly things.
- In the wild, there has been only one orca attack. Bad orca! While in captivity, there have been over 100 attacks and 4 deaths. These animals just need more training, it couldn’t possibly be related to their confinement!
- Food is used as reinforcement for tricks. Do a trick, get your dinner. Don’t want to do a trick? I guess you don’t eat tonight you stubborn thing!
See? Sea World isn’t as bad as people make it out to be! Oh, one more fact: for every $1,000,000 Sea World makes, about $600 goes into conservation efforts (about $0.5 a ticket). I’m so glad they care about conservation of the ocean! Amazing work!
If you haven’t realized it yet, this post is 100% sarcastic. It should be obvious, but not everyone understands sarcasm…
Please don’t let this die
Fill your heart with secrets but the only way to read them is if you break your heart.
i will forever reblog this
i need me one of these.
OMG I WANT ONE
i think every couple should get one and fill it with the little things they love about each other. and then if they’re fighting throw it at a wall and read all the little things that come out and hopefully that will remind them to love again.
"What’s your biggest dream for your child?"
"We’ll let him dream for himself."
(New Delhi, India)
“Proof” updated version.
STOP IT I’M FREAKING OUT
I am both scared and excited
LET’S NOT FORGET THE FUCKING DALEK EYESTALK THAT WASHED UP IN FLORIDA
Or the Utah Cave Painting resembling the TARDIS~
let me repost this again
Not to mention the fact Mars is full of water.
Ladies and gentlemen, Gallifrey
Remember those things the Master had? So:
Crack in time?
So now I’m just gonna sit down and wait.
i just nearly fell down the stairs running to tell my dad that the doctor is real and that the internet has proof…
let’s not forget about this painting that has been made in 1959.It looks like Amy and Rory who actually lived somewhere around that time
This is my favorite post ever
Everytime I see this post again, it has been updated with lots more information that seriously make me if all is real.
Found this in a subway station,
and that’s an ancient Scottish symbol
does anybody remember this or
IT GOT BETTER
Whovians, prepare for battle. The battle for Earth.
EVERY TIME I SEE THIS POST ITS BEEN UPDATED WITH MORE PROOF WHICH MAKES ME BOTH VERY EXCITED AND A LITTLE SCARED
This is why Doctor Who fandom is fucking amazing.
I’m not even a part of the fandom, but this deserves a reblog because, um, WOW. WHOVIANS, YOU GUYS ARE SERIOUSLY LUCKY TO HAVE ALL THIS STUFF THAT POINTS TOWARDS YOUR STUFF POSSIBLY BEING REAL.
WHY THE FUCK HASN’T ANYBODY FOUND PROOF OF HUNTERS BEING REAL YET?!
The other day my brother was at church and he found that St. John Vianny looks just like the first doctor!
the timid european ground squirrel, stopping to smell the daisies, photographed in vienna by julian rad, who explains, “you have to be at eye level with the squirrels. that means you have to lay on your stomach for quite a few hours in order to get them in front of your lens. you have to make yourself invisible. it is important that they have no indication you are there.” (see also: more precious lil woodland buddies)